Sunday 15 January 2012

A Whole New Culture- Part 1

What can I say about Japan? It's an amazing place with a very different culture and amazing people. The respect and manners shown by the locals are unbelievable!

I'm currently in Osaka at the moment and it is such an exciting and happening city. Communicating with the locals here are difficult, especially when my knowledge of the Japanese language is virtually zero.

So what have I been doing here for the past few days? Well starting off on the night I arrived, I was overwhelmed with the transport system. With only a few instructions given by my hostel, I lugged my luggage on the train and kept asking people for directions. I nearly got myself lost several times but made it to my hostel unharmed.

After I settled down at the hostel, I went about exploring the streets while waiting for Sam and Carl to arrive from Yamasaki. The landscape was just what I imagined it to be; it was very similar to Taiwan but at the same time unfamiliar to me. Short buildings on either side of the streets closely connected to each other and pedestrian areas called "Shopping Streets" are a common sight.

Look, I can keep going on with all the details about Japan but you really need to come here and explore it yourself! To sum it up, I have done so much such as going to the Aquarium, visiting several shopping streets, eating a load of food (I can publish a book on the variety of food here!!). And don't get me started about clubbing in Osaka. All I'm gonna say is that it was an eye opener!

Just before I finish off, I have to say thank you to Carl and Sam for being my tour guides. Without them, I wouldn't be able to experience Japan at a whole new level!
Alright time to fill up my belly. More to come soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment